Wednesday 13 April 2016

Recount writing

This term our focus has been on recounting events that happened to us it could be a happy event or a sad event. We read Rold Dahl book boy to inspire us.
My plan

  • What it was like
  • How it felt
  • Under the water
  • With the air rushing in my face
  • Before I jumped
  • When I hit the water
  • Lake was clear
  • Water splashing
  • The rock
  • The sand under the water

My success criteria

  • Hooking the reader in
  • Include the important information for the reader
  • Include details so that the reader knows how we feel






THE JUMP

I had never been so scared in my life. It looked like it was about a 100ft drop. My eyes started watering like a volcano erupting. Dad drops and cuts the water. SPLASH!!! Stepping forward I dropped.

A big rush of air went over my face. As I fell I  got a big wiff of fresh air. Trying to keep myself in position, my hands held over my face to stop the beautiful water of Taupo, from rushing up my nose.

My feet shot the water. In milliseconds I was submerged in the freezing fresh water. Soon after, it became cool fresh water. The water filled my mouth. Swallowing the water I pushed up. When I got to the top of the water I gulped for fresh air. Slowly I moved out of the way. Looking up at what I just jumped off I realised that it was only about 6-7 meters down.

I swam to the surface and yelled, “dad can I do that again”. He replied, “no we have to go now”. I climbed up the hill as quickly as I could (which was pretty slow). I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my wet body,  and through my flooded hair. Finally, I jumped in the car.


Two Medals and a mission-Two positive and a next step

1:punctuation
2:set out


1:more writing

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work lorcan your writting is good

    ReplyDelete